This is a quick and easy version using milk powder and I didn’t soak or peel the skin of the almonds. But it tasted just too yummy!!
What you’ll need:
- Whole Raw Almonds – 1 cup
- Milk Powder (skim) – 1 cup
- Whole Milk – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 to 2 cups (to taste)
- Saffron – a few strands
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Almonds halved lengthwise – a handful
Note: Almonds can be soaked for a few hours and skin peeled off. I didn’t do it.
1. In a blender (I used my bullet) grind the almonds to a fine paste adding the Milk.
2. Add the Almond Paste to a large wide pan. Add the Milk Powder and mix in.
3. Add the Sugar, Saffron and Ghee and cook the mixture on low-medium heat stirring continuously.
4. The mixture will start leaving the sides of the pan and come together. Switch off heat.
5. Let it cool for a bit, until workable by hand. Greece hands with Ghee, take a table spoonful of the burfi and made a round shape. Stick in a halved Almond in the middle.
Let it cool completely. Enjoy!!