This recipe is very similar to the Okra Curry recipe with a couple of minor changes. The Channa and Urad Dals have been replaced with Hemp Seeds and Orka with Cauliflower and Sweet Bell Peppers. Its an easy and very yummy dish!
What you’ll need:
- Hemp Seeds – 3 handfuls (approx 6 tbsp)
- Coriander Seeds – 1 handful (approx 2 tbsp)
- Methi Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Black Peppercorn – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 5 to 6
- Cinnamon stick – 2 inch piece
- Black Cardamom – 1
- Red Chilies – 2
- Sesame Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Onion Chopped – 1 large
- Sundried Tomatoes – 4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to saute
- Cauliflower florets of 1 head
- Sweet Bell Peppers (Red, Orange & Yellow) – 4
- Cilantro Chopped – a small bunch
1. Wash and cut the Cauliflower into florets. Cut the Bell Peppers into approximately 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
2. In a large pan, warm about 1 tbsp oil and saute all the spices listed above, upto sesame seeds, until they turn golden brown and start spluttering.
3. Add the onion and saute till it turns translucent. Switch off heat.
3. Grind the sauteed mixture along with Sundried Tomatoes, Turmeric and Salt, to a smooth paste.
4. In the same pan, add a couple of tbsp of oil and saute the Cauliflower and Bell Peppers. Cover and let cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the ground Masala to the vegetables.