This recipe is very kid friendly and makes as a great snack whether served with Pita Chips or Whole Grain Crackers or as a Dip with Veggies or Spread on Toast and in Sandwiches.
What you’ll need:
- Chickpeas – 1 can (drained)
- Garlic infused Olive Oil – 1 tbsp plus some to drizzle on top
- Cilantro – a few sprigs
- Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
- Paprika – 1 tsp plus some to sprinkle on top
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- Salt to taste
Note: You can use 1 to 2 Garlic cloves instead of Garlic infused Olive Oil. And Lemon can be used instead of Lime.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a serving bowl. Top with Olive Oil and some Paprika. Enjoy with Pita Chips!
To add some heat, I chopped some pickled Jalapeno peppers and mixed into the Hummus. It was just perfect!