What you’ll need:
- Mini Portobello Mushrooms (chopped) – 2 cups
- Red Onion finely chopped – 1 medium
- Bell Peppers chopped (I used 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Orange) – 3
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Hemp Seeds – 1/2 cup
- Tomato – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 4
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Kitchen King Masala – 2 to 3 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro chopped
1. In a large deep pan, add the Oil and when warm add the Cumin Seeds. After a minute, add the chopped Red Onion. Saute until translucent.
2. Add the chopped Bell Peppers. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chopped Mushrooms and saute until fully cooked.
3. In the meantime. puree the following – Hemp Seeds, Tomatoes, Ginger, Garlic, Turmeric powder, Kitchen King Masala, Salt.
4. Add to the cooked vegetables. Mix and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on medium low. Garnish with chopped Cilantro.
The hemp seeds give the creaminess to the gravy and the dish tastes great with hot steamed rice or with roti. Enjoy!