We went to a local South Indian Restaurant over the weekend and I ordered Kottu Parotta. It was good but too spicy. I wanted to make something with less spices that the kids could eat as well.
While I was making this, I asked my 7 year old if he would make Cucumber Raita and he did. All by himself, from the fridge to the table
What you’ll need:
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 small to medium
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Curry Leaves – 2 slivers
- Bell Pepper – 1
- Broccoli – a few florets
- Carrots – 2 large or a cup of baby carrots
- Mushrooms – 4 to 5
- Black Channa – 1/2 cup
- Tomato Paste – 2 tbsps
- Pav Bhaji Masala or your favorite masala to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Roti or Parotta (Cut into 1/2 inch stripes, like noodles) – 4 to 5
1. In a large wide pan, add Olive Oil and Cumin Seeds. Add the Thinly Sliced Onion and Ginger and saute until golden.
2. Add the other Vegetables and cook until they are still a bit crisp, 4 to 5 mins.
3. Add Tomato paste, Pav Bhaji Masala, Salt and mix. Sprinkle a little water if too dry, but dont make it soggy.
4. Add the Roti stripes and mix well. Saute for 3-4 minutes until everything is well incorporated. Turn off heat.
5. Garnish with chopped Cilantro. Squeeze some lemon juice on top and Enjoy hot!!