I always feel that if you have the right fresh ingredients, even the simplest foods will taste very delicious! For our Christmas party this year, I made this Orzo pasta with lots of fresh vegetables and it turned out great! It is most definitely kid friendly. I made it in the early afternoon for an evening party, and just warmed it up right before setting up dinner.
What you’ll need:
- Orzo Pasta – 1 box
- Broccoli Florets – 2 cups
- Kale Ribbons – from 10 leaves
- Shredded Carrot – 1 1/2 cup
- Sweet Green Peas – 1 1/2 cup
- Chopped Red Bell Pepper – 1
- Green Onion Chopped – 1 bunch
- Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Curry Powder – 3 to 4 tsp
1. Cook the Orzo pasta as per the package directions. Drain water and toss in a couple of tbsps Olive Oil. Keep aside.
2. In a large pan, saute Broccoli Florets, Kale ribbons, Shredded Carrots, Sweet Peas, Chopped Red Pepper in Olive Oil.
3. Toss in some Salt and Curry Powder. Cook for about 5 mins – the vegetables should still be crisp.
4. Mix in the cooked Orzo Pasta. Top with chopped Green Onion. Enjoy!!
P.S. I decided to give it a mild Asian twist by adding Curry Powder. Experiment with your favorite flavors of spices and sauces! Pesto would be great too!