Sometimes (a lot of times maybe LOL!) I dont really know what I am cooking until its all done. I start with a general idea, taking out the vegetables I have and then add on things from the pantry 🙂 I do like to keep things simple and easy. And I have to say most of the time I am not disappointed by the experimentation. This one was a success as well..
What you’ll need:
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Red Bell Pepper – 1
- Cauliflower – 1
- Frozen Green Peas – 1 1/2 cups
- Baby Carrots – 1 1/2 cups
- Red Onion – 1/2
- Garlic Cloves – 5 to 6
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Spicy Thai Green Chilies – 2 (or to your taste)
- Curry Leaves – 2 slivers
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Cloves – 1 tsp (about 10)
- Sesame Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Tomato Paste – 1 tbsp
- Coconut Milk from can – 1 tbsp of creamy part plus whole can’s water
1. In a large pan, add the Olive Oil and Cumin Seeds. Roast for a minute.
2. In the meantime, puree the Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Green Chilies, Curry Leaves, Salt, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Cloves, Sesame Seeds, Tomato Paste and Coconut Milk in a blender, to make a fine paste.
3. Add Cauliflower Florets, Sliced Carrots, Sliced Red Bell Pepper and Frozen Peas. Add the pureed Masala.
4. Cover and cook for about 15 mins on medium. Enjoy with steamed Rice or Roti!
I have to say that this dish tasted even better the next day! So perfect for making ahead for a party!