I had picked up some herb pizza dough from Trader Joe’s. With the tomatoes from the garden and some fresh basil, kids had a quick and yummy lunch they loved.
What you’ll need:
- Garlic & Herb Pizza Dough from Trader Joe’s or make your own
- Fresh Tomatoes (picked from the garden) Sliced
- Fresh Basil
- Mozzarella Cheese (I didn’t have fresh, so I used cup up cheese sticks)
- Marinara Sauce
Note: With one packet of dough, I was able to make two of the below.
1. Stretch the pizza dough into a rectangle and spread the sauce.
2. Lay out the tomato slices, cheese and basil leaves one over the other on one half of the stretched dough (as shown).
3. Fold the other half of the dough over the toppings, and press the edges lightly.
4. Brush the top lightly with oil and bake the dough per package instructions. I added another 5 mins to it.
5. Take out from the oven and cut the pizza pocket bites. Enjoy.. Kids loved it!