Love the beautiful color and flavor of this Purple Cabbage fresh from the farmer’s market. And a very simple way of preparing vegetables in Karnataka style, without over powering it.
My 6 year olds love the crunchy urad dal in the seasoning and call them fire crackers 🙂
What you’ll need:
- Purple Cabbage chopped – 1
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 2 tsp
- Green Chilies (from my garden) – 4
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Cilantro (optional)
1. In a large pan, add 1-2 tbsp of oil and add the Mustard Seeds and Urad Dal. Let the seeds splutter and the dal turn golden.
2. Add the Chilies slit length wise and the chopped Purple Cabbage. Saute. Cover and let cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add Salt and mix. Add Cilantro. Enjoy!!