Another yummy rasam! And perfect during cold seasons or when battling a cold.
What you’ll need:
- Toor Dal – 1 cup
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Cherry Tomatoes cut in half – 10 (from garden)
- Ginger grated – 1 inch
- Garlic finely chopped – 2 large cloves
- Rasam Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Hing/Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro chopped
1. In a pot, was and boil the dal with turmeric and salt until soft and mushy.
2. Add the Lemon zest, Lemon juice, Cherry Tomatoes, grated Ginger, Rasam powder, Cumin powder, Pepper powder, and boil for another 5-7 minutes.
3. In a small pan, warm the ghee. Add garlic, cumin seeds and hing and let it splutter.
4. Add the seasoning to the rasam. Add a few leaves of cilantro. Enjoy hot by itself or with rice!