The whole family was under the weather, with a cold and fever. And a big pot of this nutritious Sprouts and Cabbage Kichadi with a lot of heat from ginger and pepper was just perfect!
What you’ll need:
- Rice – 2 cups
- Yellow Moong Dal – 1 1/2 cups
- Split Black Urad Dal – 1/2 cup
- Sprouted Green Moong Dal – 1 cup
- Sprouted Black eyed beans – 1/4 cup
- Cumin ground coarsely – 5 tsp
- Pepper ground coarsely – 3 tsp
- Turmeric – 2 tsp
- Ginger finely chopped – a big 1 inch piece
- Farmers market Cabbage finely chopped – 1
- Red Onion finely chopped – 1
- Salt to taste
- Butter or Ghee to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
1. Wash the rice and dals and cook with Turmeric, Salt and enough water.
2. When the rice and dal mixture is half cooked, add the sprouted Moong and Black eyes peas, Cabbage, Onion and Ginger. Add more water as needed. Cook till done.
3. Add the ground Cumin, Pepper, Ghee or Butter. Cook for another 5 mins.
4. Serve and eat hot topped with ghee or butter and fresh lemon juice. Enjoy!