Fresh Plum Cake (Eggless)
A perfect Summer treat!! This cake is simple, you most likely have all the ingredients at hand. Easy to make – great to make along with kids or as a family or even with friends 🙂
The fresh fruit is the key ingredient that adds a big punch of flavor!! Pair it with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream or eat it by itself 🙂
Great to take to picnics! Or for brunches, tea time, or after supper! Make an extra batch and share with your neighbor or friend!!
This is an eggless version and is low fat. So you wont feel guilty in indulging a bit!
And if you have some other summer fruit in abundance – cherries, peaches, nectarines, berries, etc, you can use them instead as well 🙂
What you’ll need:
- Fresh Ripe Plums (pitted and sliced) – 8 to 10
- All Purpose Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Butter (unsalted) – 4 tbsps
- Yogurt – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract/Orange Blossom Water- 1/2 tsp (optionally, you can spice it up with Cinnamon, Cardamon and Nutmeg)
- Baking Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (skip if using salted butter)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter and sugar (save 2 tbsps for later). Using a hand mixer (or a stand mixer), beat until they are well mixed and start to get fluffy.
- Add the Yogurt and you choice of flavoring (Vanilla Extract/Orange Blossom Water/Spices). Continue to mix for a couple more minutes.
- Mix in the Salt, Baking Powder and half of the flour. Mix.
- Add the Milk and the remaining half of the flour. Mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×9 pan or a cake pan.
- Place the Plum slices into the batter, skin side up, covering the top evenly. Sprinkle the saved 2 tbsps of sugar over the top.
- Transfer to the oven bake for 50-60 mins, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool. Enjoy!! 🙂