Tofu Egg Scamble (Vegan)
We just got back from an amazing vacation to New Orleans. On the very last day there, we went to a Vegan Cafe for breakfast. This Tofu Egg Scamble is inpsired by what we had there. It is so delicious and very easy to make. Kids loved it! 🙂
What you’ll need:
- Firm Tofu – 2 boxes
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsps
- Nutritional Yeast – 4 tbsps
- Garlic Powder – 1 to 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Cayenne Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegan Milk – 2 tbsps
- Cilantro – a small bunch
- In a large cast iron pan, add the Olive Oil.
- Squeeze out the blocks of Tofu to take out as much water as possible. Break into large cubes and place in the pan. Using a potato masher, finely mash the tofu.
- Cook the tofu on medium-high for 8-10 mins or until most of the water evaporates.
- Now add all the spices – Nutritional Yeast, Garlic Powder, Turmeric Powder, Cayenne, and Salt. Mix and cook for a couple more mins.
- Add the Milk and mix. Top with chopped Cilantro.
Enjoy with Toast, Avocado, Tomato and Cheese, Salad, Fruits, etc. Makes a delicious breakfast/brunch!!