We had been doing some spring cleaning all afternoon and suddenly I realized it was approaching dinner time. I just wanted to make something simple and quick. This one pot stew turned out tasty, nutritious and filling. And the kids loved it too!
What you’ll need:
- Quinoa – 2 cups
- Potatoes Cubed – 5 medium
- Carrots Sliced – 5
- Orange Bell Pepper Chopped – 1 large
- Red Bell Pepper Chopped – 1 large
- Celery Sliced – 2 stalks
- Red Onion Sliced – 1 medium
- Rainbow Chard – 2 large leaves
- Green Curry Paste – 4 oz
- Coconut Milk – 1/2 can (or 1 cup)
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro Chopped – Small bunch
1. In a large pot, add Quinoa, Potatoes and Carrots. Add enough water and boil until the potatoes are more than halfway cooked.
2. Add the Bell Peppers, Celery, Onion, Chard and cook for another 5 mins. Add additional water if needed.
3. Add the Green Curry Paste, Coconut Milk and Salt to taste. Boil on medium for another 5 mins until everything is combined well.
4. Garnish with Cilantro. Top off with some hot sauce (optional). Enjoy!