I make different versions of this warm salad and it is my most favorite quinoa dish!
What you’ll need:
- Cooked Quinoa – 1 1/2 to 2 cups
- Beets Cubed – 2 to 3 medium sized
- Fennel Sliced – 2
- Beet Greens – From the beets
- Fennel Leaves – From the fennel
- Orange segments – from 2 fresh oranges or 1 can
- Walnuts pieces – 1/2 cup
- Mango Chili Vinaigrette – From Trader Joes (use any vinaigrette to your liking)
1. Drizzle a small amount of oil and Roast the Beets and Fennel (oven or stove top works).
2. Saute the Beets and Fennel greens in a little oil.
3. Layer everything over the cooked Quinoa. Drizzle the vinaigrette.
This is the other version that I make with Roasted Butternut Squash, Sauteed Swiss Chard, Cranberries (sometimes Apples), Almonds and Orange vinaigrette.
(butter nut squash from the yard)