Asparagus Mint Pesto
I had a nice bag of fresh organic asparagus.. and they don’t last long. So made some roasted asparagus with the spears. Takes just 5 minutes!
And this is what I did with the rest!! Picked some mint from the garden, and put a bunch of other ingredients readily available into the food processor and tada.. Asparagus Mint Pesto!!!
Toss it with Pasta, Top it on Breads, or Dip veggies into it!! Yummy! Kids love it too!
What you’ll need:
- Asparagus – a bunch (about 3 cups)
- Walnuts – 1 cup
- Mint – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 2 Cloves
- Paprika – 1 to 2 tsps (for more heat add chili powder or green chilies)
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Boil water in a large pot, add a spoonful of salt to it. Blanch the asparagus for about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Add the Walnuts, Mint, Garlic, Blanched Asparagus and Salt into a food processor. Run until almost smooth.
- Add Paprika, Lemon Juice and Olive Oil and run the food processor again to combine.
Done! Enjoy!! Toss it with Pasta, Top it on Breads, or Dip veggies into it!! Yummy! Kids love it too!