Eggless Lemon Blueberry Cake
This Blueberry Lemon Cake is so good!! Everybody loves it 🙂
It just disappears whenever I make it. Kids love it for Breakfast, Snack, after Dinner, basically anytime lol!
Perfect with afternoon cup of tea or to take on a picnic.
Very easy to make. Prep time is just about 10 mins. You can mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and mix them in together if you like. I take the easy route and mix everything up in one bowl.
I usually reduce the Sugar and Butter in my recipes. So I wouldnt recommend you to reduce further. If you like you can add on more sugar.
Give it a try, you’ll want to make it over and over 🙂
What you’ll need:
- All Purpose Flour – 3 cups
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 3 tsps
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Plain Yogurt – 1 cup
- Milk – 1/4 to 1/3 cup
- Juice of 1 large Lemon or 1/4 cup
- Lemon Zest (optional)
- Butter (melted – microwave for 20 to 30 seconds) – 4 tbsps
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen) – 1 1/2 cups
I’ve also used frozen blueberries which were already thawed and they still turned out great.
- Preheat the Oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients – Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt and Sugar. Mix.
- Add in the wet ingredients – Yogurt, Milk, Lemon Juice, Zest (optional), Melted Butter and Vanilla. Mix everything together. It will be a thick mixture. You can add a
- Add the Blueberries and mix.
- Grease a Cake pan (I usually use my Bundt pan) and pour the cake mixture into it.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until the top turns lightly golden and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Take out and let cook for about 15 minutes. Flip onto a board or cooling rack. Let cool and Enjoy!! You can add a glaze or frosting or serve with whipped cream or enjoy it by itself 🙂