Hearty and Healthy Lentil Soup
Hearty and Healthy Dal Soup with Quinoa, Garbanzo Beans, Spinach, Carrots and Jerusalem Artichokes (a new vegetable I found at farmers market).
What you’ll need:
- Moong Dal – 1 cup
- Quinoa – 1/2 cup
- Garbanzo Beans – 1/2 cup
- Spinach – 1 cup
- Carrots Chopped – 2 large
- Jerusalem Artichokes Chopped – 1 cup
- Turmeric – 2tsp
- Curry Powder – 2 to 3 tsp or to taste
- Cumin Powder – 1 to 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
1. Boil the Moong Dal and Quinoa with enough Water, Turmeric and Salt until almost soft (about 15 mins).
2. Add the Carrots, Jerusalem Artichokes, Spinach and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add the Garbanzo Beans, Curry and Cumin Powder. Boil for another 2 to 3 minutes. Switch off heat. Enjoy!
Optionally, add freshly ground pepper on top.