Penne Alla Vodka
This is definitely one of the easiest and the tastiest pasta dishes!! It really is so flavorful! 🙂
Its perfect for a special dinner or for a nice homemade meal!
What you’ll need:
- ExtraVirgin Olive Oil – 2 tbsps
- Garlic – 5 cloves, minced
- Onion – 1/2, chopped.
- Red Chili Flakes – 2 tbsps
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
- Cubed Tomatoes – 2 cans of 14 oz each
- Vodka – 1/2 cup
- Heavy Cream – 2/3 cup
- Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese – 1/4 to 1/3 cup
- Chopped Fresh Parsley or Basil – 1/4 cup
- Cooked Penne – 1 bag (500 gm or 17.6 oz)
Note: You can substitute Vodka with Water and a squeeze of lemon. But it wont really be Vodka Sauce.
- Cook the Penne to al dente, make sure to add salt to the water.
- In a large pan, add the Olive Oil and add the Onion and Garlic. Saute on medium heat.
- Add the Red Chili Flakes, Salt and Pepper.
- Pulse the Tomatoes in a food processer. Add to the pan.
- Add the Vodka. Simmer the sauce for about 15 -30 mins on medium low.
- Add the heavy cream, mix. Turn of heat.
- Add the cooked Penne and some pasta water if needed to thin it out.
- Top with chopped Parsley and Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy!