Eggless Savory Pancakes
These are so delicious, nutritious, and filling! Vegan, Eggless and easy to make.
We’ve been doing salads almost every night and as I was chopping the veggies, my son came and said yumm. When I made the pancakes, he was a bit disappointed and said he’d wanted to eat the salad. But he loved this and didnt realize it had bell peppers which he does not like!
I make eggless frittata sometimes, very similar, but baked. But the pancakes turn out crispier which the kids like better.
What you’ll need:
- Shredded Carrots (I pulsed in food processor) – 1 1/2 cups
- Onion, finely chopped – 1
- Bell Peppers, finely chopped – 2
- Cilantro, finely chopped – a bunch
- Roasted Peanuts – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Chili Powder (alternatively chopped chilies) – 1 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder – 1 tsp
- Besan/Gram Flour/Chickpea Flour – 2 cups
Note: You can add other veggies too such as Spinach, Zucchini, Peas, Beans, Corn, etc
1. In a mixing bowl add the chopped/shredded Veggies, Cilantro and Roasted Peanuts.
2. Add Salt, Turmeric Powder, Chili Powder, Dry Mango Powder. Mix everything.
3. Add the Besan/Chickpea Flour and water. Mix to get a pancake batter consistency.
4. Pour the batter onto a medium-hot pan and cook on both sides until golden with a little oil.