Eggless Baked Vegetable Frittata (Omelette)
In our house, my husband and one kid likes eggs and omelette, but my other kid and I don’t like eggs or omelette. As an eggless alternative, I experimented making this on stove top last weekend for breakfast. Tasted awesome, kids and adults loved it. But it took a while to cook and I had to flip it (slight hassle) to cook evenly on both sides. So I wanted to try baking it instead. We LOVED it!!
Apart from a small amount of oil to brush the baking pan, I didn’t really use much oil at all. And it is perfect for lunchboxes!!
I have pictures of both stove top and baked versions below.
What you’ll need:
- Besan/Chickpea Flour/Kadale Hittu – 2 cups
- Roasted Fine Sooji (optional) – 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder (pepper or chopped green chilies are good substitutes) – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup (more to adjust consistency if needed)
- Onion finely chopped – 1/2
- Bell Pepper finely chopped – 1
- Tomato finely chopped – 1
- Small bunch Cilantro finely chopped
- Potato thinly sliced – 1
Oven Baked Version: