Tomatoes are in season and I have plenty in the garden, along with fresh basil and green chilies! Just add a few more ingredients and make this yummy soup.
What you’ll need:
- Red Onion roughly chopped – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Fresh Tomatoes roughly chopped – 2 to 3
- Carrots roughly sliced – 2
- Orange Bell Pepper roughly chopped – 1
- Green Chilies – 2 to 3
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Basil Leaves – couple of stalks
1. In a pot, saute the Onion, Green Chilies and Garlic in oil until translucent.
2. Add Carrots, Tomatoes and Bell Peppers.
4. Transfer contents to a blender. Add Basil leaves and puree. (Cover the top with a clean kitchen towel and press down tightly as the hot contents could explode out).
I’d made some biscuits to go with it! A “V” and an “O” for my boys