Broccoli Soup with Homemade Croutons!
This is a very easy and healthy soup made with Broccoli, Carrots and Onion. And can be had with or without cream.
What you’ll need:
- Red Onion chopped into large chunks – 1
- Baby Carrots – 1 cup
- Broccoli Florets – 2 cups
- Black Pepper Powder to taste
- Chili Powder to taste (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, Saute the Onion until it softens.
- Add the baby Carrots and Broccoli florets. Cover and cook on low until they soften.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before blending the soup. Warm up in pot if needed.
- I made the croutons with Cheese Bagel on stove top – Cube and toast on medium low heat with butter until they get crispy.
- Serve hot topped with Cream or without. Top with Croutons. Enjoy!
Here’s what I do with the leftover soup –
1. Healthy Roti Phulkas by mixing wheat flour (atta) with the soup.
2. Veggie Rice with leftover soup and a medley of veggies! Yumm..