What you’ll need:
- Eggplant (cut into thin long pieces) – 2 cups
- Mustard Oil or Olive Oil or Oil of your preference – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Hing/Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Green Chilies (cut into small bits) – 2 or to taste
- Ginger (cut into small bits) – 1/2 inch piece
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry Leaves
- Cilantro chopped (optional)
- Plain Yogurt – 2 cups
Purple or Green Eggplant works. I prefer the small round ones.
Curry Leaf Powder can be added in place of Curry Leaves too.
- In a pan, add the Oil, Mustard and Cumin Seeds, and Hing. Let the seeds splutter.
- Add the cut Eggplant, Chilies, Ginger and Curry Leaves. Saute until Eggplant is cooked.
- Sprinkle the Turmeric Powder and Salt. Mix.
- Add this to the Yogurt and mix in the Cilantro leaves. Enjoy!