Sauteed Asian Eggplant
Found some really good tender eggplant at the farmer’s market and this is what I made – with garlic, chilies, ginger and soy sauce, its just perfect to top over steamed rice! Melts in the mouth with flavors!!
What you’ll need:
- Long Eggplants – approx. 1 lb (about 10)
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Oil – 2 tsps
- Red Chilies – 2
- Soy Sauce – 5 to 6 tbsps
- Rice Vinegar – 2 tbsps
- Ground Dry Ginger – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sesame Seeds – 1 to 2 tsp
- Chopped Cilantro to garnish
Tip: Don’t discard the cilantro stems, use them. They are full of flavor, more than the leaves!
- In a large pan, saute the cut Eggplants and finely chopped Garlic in oil. Add the Red Chilies and Salt.
- Cover for a bit to cook, giving a turn a couple of time in between as it cooks.
- When the eggplants are almost cooked, add
- Rice Vinegar, Ground Ginger (fresh can be used as well), and Soy Sauce. Mix and cover the lid. Cook for a couple more minutes on medium heat.
- Turn off heat and top with Sesame Seeds and chopped Cilantro. Enjoy!!