Potato Masala!! Perfect filling for Dosa!! 😋😋
Also a great side dish with Roti, or in Sandwiches, Rolls and a whole lot more.
What you’ll need:
- Onion, thinly sliced – 1 small (or 1/2 large)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tsps
- Chana Dal – 2 tsps
- Green Chilies, chopped or slit – 3 to 4 (or to taste)
- Ginger, finely chopped – 1 inch piece
- Green Peas (frozen) – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Potatoes – 5 medium sized
- Finely Chopped Cilantro
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 lemon
- Cashews (optional)
- Wash the potatoes and boil them, with skin, until they are cooked through. Peel the skin once its cooled a bit and mash. Keep aside.
- In a large wide pan, add the Oil, Mustard Seeds, Urad Dal and Chana Dal. Roast.
- When the Seeds starts to splutter and the Dals are turning golden, Add the thinly sliced Onion and the Green Chilies. Saute.
- When the Onion is translucent (I like it when its close to caramelizing), add Turmeric Powder, Salt and Green Peas. Saute.
- Turn heat to low. Add the mashed cooked Potatoes. Mix well until combined.
- Add the chopped Cilantro, and squeeze the lemon juice. Mix well. Optionally add roasted Cashews. Enjoy!