Tomato Basil & Bell Pepper Soup
I walked my husband through making this soup as I’ve been sick the last couple of days. Used the fresh ripe Tomatoes, Basil leaves and Chilies from the garden. And had it with grilled cheese sandwiches.
What you’ll need:
- Red Onion roughly chopped – 1/2 cup
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Fresh Tomatoes roughly chopped – 4 to 5
- Bell Peppers roughly chopped – 2 (1 Red and 1 Orange)
- Green Chilies – 2 to 3
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Basil Leaves – couple of stalks
1. In a pot, saute the Onion, Ginger and Garlic in oil until translucent.
2. Add Tomatoes and Bell Peppers.
3. Add Salt and Green Chilies. Reduce heat to low and cover pot. Let cook completely.
4. Transfer contents to a blender. Add Basil leaves and puree. (Cover the top with a clean kitchen towel and press down tightly as the hot contents could explode out).