I wanted to try something new with the farmer’s market Cauliflower. And since I was planning on making Dosa for dinner, I thought I might make a Cauliflower Masala for stuffing. And this turned out great, we had it for dinner and packed in lunch box.
What you’ll need:
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Red Chilies – 2
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion (Finely Chopped) – 1
- Ginger (Finely Chopped) – 1 inch piece
- Garlic cloves (Finely Chopped) – 4 to 5
- Large Cauliflower (Finely Chopped) – 1
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Sambar Powder – 2 tsps
- Salt to taste
- Tomato Paste – 4 to 5 tsps (1/2 cup)
1. In a large pan, add the Mustard and Cumin Seeds into Olive Oil and let splutter. Add the Red Chilies.
3. In the meantime, finely chop the Cauliflower. I used my food processor in pulse mode. Add the chopped Cauliflower to the pan.
4. Add the Tomato Paste, Sambar Powder, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Chili Powder and Salt.
Mix well, cover the pan and cook on medium low until the cauliflower is well cooked through – about 10 minutes. Add a couple of spoons of water if needed. I didnt as I planned to use it as stuffing inside Dosa.
Top with chopped Cilantro. I didnt have any on hand, so I didnt. Enjoy!!
This would be great with Roti or as a side dish. I used it as a stuffing inside Dosa and it was awesome!