Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Coconut Milk
Used the fresh ripe Tomatoes and Basil leaves from my garden and made this soup for lunch along with Potatoes and Fennel Cracked Wheat (Dalia). My son had a bit of a cough, so this was just perfect.
What you’ll need:
- Fresh Tomatoes roughly chopped – 4 (I used 3 plus a bunch of cherry tomatoes from my yard)
- Red Onion roughly chopped – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Freshly ground Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Basil Leaves – couple of stalks
- Coconut Milk – about 4 to 5 tbsp
1. Saute the Onion and Garlic in oil until translucent. Add Tomatoes.
2. Add Salt and Pepper.
3. Let the tomatoes cook until soft.
4. Transfer contents to a blender (I like my bullet). Add Basil leaves and puree.
5. Add the Coconut Milk and mix in. Enjoy!