Creamy Vegetable Curry with Garbanzo Beans – Vegan
Yesterday I tried making something a bit different for dinner, and it was so yummy! This one might be a regular on the menu. It is all vegan, loaded with veggies, and garbanzo beans for protein. And oh yeah, Almond milk.
It could be had as a stew, all by itself. Or with Rice or Roti or some Bread. Very hearty!
What you’ll need:
- Onion finely chopped – 1
- Olive Oil – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Carrots finely chopped – 6 to 7
- Bell Pepper finely chopped – 1
- Tomatoes finely chopped – 2
- Garbanzo Beans – 2 cans
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Chili Powder – 1 to 2 tsps or to taste
- Curry Powder – 2 to 3 tbsp or to taste
- Almond Milk – 2 cups
- Chocolate Mint (you can use any other herb such as cilantro) – 1 tbsp chopped
Note: I used my food processor to quickly chop these veggies.
- In a large pot, saute the Onion in Oil until translucent and golden.
- Add the chopped Carrots, Bell Pepper and Tomatoes.
- Add Garbanzo Beans.
- Add all remaining ingredients except mint (herbs) – Salt, Turmeric Powder, Cumin Powder, Chili Powder, Curry Powder and Almond Milk.
- Mix and cover the pot. Let simmer on low for about 15 minutes. Add additional water to adjust consistency if needed.
- Turn off heat and add the chopped herbs. Enjoy!!
One of my son loves Mushrooms, so I’d made some Sauteed Crimini Mushroom with Salt and Pepper and Fresh Oregano.