Layered Quinoa Salad
I was planning to make a salad for our Christmas dinner and to add bit more substance to a regular salad, decided to add some Quinoa to it. I like warm Quinoa Salads in winter. They are quite filling on their own and perfect for dinner parties! And I also like mixing in some fruits with my salad!
What you’ll need:
- Quinoa – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves/Kasoori Methi – 1 handful or 2 tbsps
- Spring Salad Mix (washed) – 2 cups
- Sliced Cucumber – 1 small
- Ripe Tomatoes cut in wedges – 2
- Shredded Carrots – 1/2 cup
- Sweet Corn – 1/2 cup
- Mandarin Orange segments – 1 can (drained)
- Fresh Basil Leaves – a small bunch
P.S – Salad Dressing Optional. I didn’t add.
1. Wash the Quinoa and add to a pot with Olive Oil, Salt and Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves). Add 2 cups water for 1 cup Quinoa. Bring to a boil, reduce to low and cook covered. Let cool a bit and fluff with a fork.
2. In a serving bowl layer the cooked and cooled Quinoa, topped with Salad Mix, Sliced Cucumber, Corn, Shredded Carrots, Tomatoes, Orange segments and Basil Leaves.
Top with a salad dressing of your choice or skip. Enjoy!!