Masala Black Eyed Peas (Dry)
This is another healthy side dish. Can be eaten as a snack or even with breakfast. Often made during festivals as well, I made this with slightly different seasoning.
What you’ll need:
- Black eyed peas – 2 cups
- Extra Light Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida/Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Ginger Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Amchur/Dry Mango Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chili Powder or Paprika – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mint to garnish
- Wash and cook the Black eyed peas with just enough water until soft, not mushy.
- Heat a shallow pan on med-low, add Oil an all the spices except mint.
- Add the cooked Black eyed peas and mix everything well, for a couple of mins.
- Switch off heat. Garnish with Mint. Enjoy!