One Pot Pressure Cooker Bhaji (Pav Bhaji)
My kids love Pav Bhaji! I love Pav Bhaji! Who doesnt? 🙂
Its healthy, its easy and a perfect one pot meal!! Sooo delicious!!
Its flexible with the vegetables you add. Base is usually Onion, Potatoes, Carrots and Tomatoes. And then you can mix in other vegetables based on what you have on hand.
What you’ll need:
- Red Onion, chopped finely – 1 medium
- Extra Light Olive Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes – 4 medium
- Carrots, cut roughly into 1/2 inch discs – 2 large
- Green Beans, cut roughly into 1 inch pieces – 1 1/2 cups
- Tomato Paste – 1 can
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 4 tbsps or to taste
- Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice of 1 Lemon
- Cilantro, chopped – a good bunch
Optionally, you can also add Bell Peppers/ Green Peas etc.
- In your pressure cooker, add Oil and Onion and saute.
- Add the Potatoes, Carrots, Green Beans and Tomato Paste.
- Add the Pav Bhaji Masala, Chili Powder, Salt, and a cup of water.
- Cover the pressure cooker and cook upto 3 whistles. (You can do the same in an IP and follow the timings/settings appropriately)
- Once done, mash the vegetables and mix well. Adjust water and seasonings if needed.
- Squeeze the Lemon Juice and top with chopped Cilantro and optionally butter. Enjoy with warm Pavs!!