Salad with Spiced Roasted Potatoes
Yumm!! A hearty salad with lots of flavors!! And a fruity dressing 🙂
What you’ll need:
- Potatoes, cubed – 4
- Paprika -2 tsps
- Salt to taste
- Chaat Masala – 1 to 2 tsps
- Chili Powder (optional) to taste
- Spring Greens or your choice of salad greens – 3 to 4 cups
- Cherry Tomatoes – 1 cup
- Apple, thinly sliced – 1
- Cucumber, thinly sliced – 1
- Plum – 1/2
- Strawberries – 2
- Mango – about 1/2 cup
- In a large pan, roast the cubed Potatoes in a small amount of Olive Oil (about 2 tsps), until fully cooked.
- Add Paprika, Chaat Masala, Salt and optionally Chili Powder.
- Place the Salad Greens in a large salad bowl. Top it with the Spiced Roasted Potatoes. (you can add when it is still hot).
- Top with Sliced Cucumber, Apple, and Tomatoes.
- Puree the Plum, Strawberries and Mango. Add addition Chaat Masala to adjust flavors.
- Mix into the Salad. Enjoy!!
As I was making the salad, I was thinking about what dressing to add. Saw some fruits leftover from our breakfast 🙂 So decided to give this a try.. tasted great! Its almost like healthy chaat.
Dont be afraid to experiment! If the ingredients are good, it will taste good!