Spicy Quinoa Beans and Vegetables
This is a simple dish to make and is filling and nutritious and delicious! You could have it with a side of yogurt, raita, papad, etc.
A one pot dish, no elaborate process!
What you’ll need:
- Onion, cubed – 1
- Bell Pepper (any color), cubed – 1
- Carrots, cubed – 1 cup
- Extra Light Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Quinoa – 2 cups
- Kidney Beans – 1 can (15 oz)
- Water – 4 cups
- Tomatoes, cubed – 1 fresh or 1/2 can
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- BisiBele Bhaat Powder – 2 tbsp
- Brown Sugar/Jaggery Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
Note: You can use any spice you like in place of BisiBele Bhaat Powder. Curry Powder, or Paprika or Chili Powder with Cumin and Coriander Powder would taste great too.
- In a large wide pot, saute the Onion in Oil until translucent. Add the Bell Pepper and Carrots and continue for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Turmeric Powder, BisiBele Bhaat Powder, Jaggery Powder and Salt.
- Add Quinoa, Kidney Beans and Water. Add the Tomatoes.
- Mix and bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low for about 15-20 minutes, until done.
- Optionally, add chopped Cilantro (I didnt have on hand). Enjoy!!