Sweet Potato Gnocchi
A great way to use Sweet Potatoes! These are perfect for lunchboxes, as appetizer, or dinner. It can made ahead and frozen. Kids love them!
What you’ll need:
- Sweet Potato – 1 large or 2 small
- Flour – upto 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Fresh Oregano or Sage
Note: You can optionally add Ricotta Cheese to the dough. I didnt.
- Wrap the Sweet Potatoes in aluminum foil and Bake in the oven (400 deg F) until soft, about 30 mins.
- Peel the skin and take the pulp out into a mixing bowl. Mash well.
- Add Salt, Pepper and Cinnamon. Mix in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough comes together. It will be a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 parts. Roll each into a rope/stick of about 1 inch diameter. Cut into 1 inch pieces and roll over a fork. Use flour as needed for dusting.
- Spread the pieces over a baking tray. If storing for later, cover the tray with plastic wrap and freeze. Once frozen, they can be put in freezer boxes or bags and put back in freezer.
- For making the Gnocchi, boil water in a pot and add salt to it. Carefully drop the Gnocchi into the water and cook for about 5 minutes and take out.
- In a pan, warm butter and add Sage or Oregano or your favorite herb. Add the cooked Gnocchi and saute for 3 -4 minutes. Season with Salt and Pepper. Enjoy!!