Asian Noodles with Peanut Sauce
This is a fairly easy dish to make. Chopping the veggies is probably what takes time, and baking the Tofu. Otherwise it is a pretty quick dish to make and is full of flavor! All the colorful veggies add deliciousness of the dish!!
What you’ll need:
- Firm Tofu, cubed – 1 box
- Carrot, julienne (cut thin and long), can also used shredded – 1 large
- Yellow Bell Pepper, thinly sliced – 1
- Orange Bell Pepper, thinly sliced – 1
- Snow Peas – 1 cup
- Mini Portobello Mushrooms – 5 to 6
- Extra Light Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Taiwanese Wheat Noddles (I used precooked from Ranch 99) – 1 bag (If using dry noodles, cook as per directions on the bag)
- Peanut Butter – 2 tbsp
- Sesame Oil – 1 tsp
- Rice Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Soy Sauce – 3 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Ginger, very finely chopped – 1 inch
- Chili Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F on roast setting. Toss the Tofu cubes in a tsp of oil and place on a baking sheet. Roast for about 30-40 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop all the veggies.
- Mix all the Sauce ingredients in a bowl to make the sauce. Adjust flavors.
- Set a large pan or wok on high heat, pour the Oil and stir fry the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked Noodles and mix well. Let it heat for another 2 minutes.
- Add the Sauce, mix well.
- Add the roasted Tofu, mix well until all the vegetables, noodles, sauce and tofu are well incorporated.
- Optionally, top with Spring Onion and Cilantro. Enjoy!!