Minestrone Soup – My Version
I thought of making a stew for dinner for this cold night. It turned into a Minestrone Soup with a slight twist – I added Ginger for cold and Black Channa as it was already soaked and boiled 🙂
What you’ll need:
- Red Onion finely chopped – 1/2
- Pasta uncooked – 1 cup
- Carrots finely chopped – 1 cup
- Yellow Squash finely chopped – 1
- Zucchini Squash finely chopped – 1
- Yellow Bell Pepper finely chopped – 1
- Spinach chopped – 1 cup
- Black Channa (Garbanzo) cooked – 1 cup
- Ginger finely chopped – 1 inch piece
- Tomato Paste (since I didnt have fresh on hand) – 1/2 can or 2 to 3 tbsp
- Italian Herbs – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Basil (optional, I didn’t add)
1. In a large pot, saute the Onion in some Olive Oil until golden.
2. Add about 3 to 4 cups of water (adjust water as needed). Add the Carrots, Pasta and Ginger and cook until about halfway done.
3. Add Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Bell Pepper, Spinach and Black Channa. Cook until the vegetables are tender bu not mushy.
4. Add Tomato Paste, Herbs and Salt. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat.
Enjoy hot with freshly ground pepper added to taste! I made cheesy bagels to go with it.