Penne Arrabiata with Roasted Delicata Squash and Cranberries
This dish screams Fall and Festive!! Yet it is so simple to make, without babysitting in front of the stove. A beautiful bake, fit enough for parties. And cozy enough for a family dinner. I hope you try it!
What you’ll need:
- Penne Pasta – 1 box/pack
- Arrabiata Sauce – 1 jar
- Delicata Squash – 1
- Onion – 1 medium sized
- Fresh Cranberries – 1 cup (or 1/3 cup dried)
- Basil (fresh or dried)
- Olive Oil – 2 to 3 tbsps
- Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
- Red Chili Flakes (optional)
- Cook the Pasta as per instructions on package. Drain and toss in about 1 tbsp Olive Oil. (Tip: Add some Salt to the water while cooking pasta for flavor)
- Clean and Slice the Delicata Squash. Toss in Olive Oil in an Oven Safe baking tray.
- Slice the Onion thinly and toss in with the Squash. Add the Cranberries as well.
- Season the veggies with Salt, Pepper and dried Basil. Bake in a 400 deg F oven for about 30-40 minutes, until they are cooked and start to turn golden.
- To assemble, place the cooked Pasta in a serving bowl. Warn up the Arrabiata Sauce and pour over the Pasta. Top with chopped fresh Basil.
- Serve the Pasta topped with the Roasted Delicata Squash and Cranberries. Sprinkle some Red Chili Flakes (optional). Enjoy!!
Note: I’ve left the Pasta and the Roasted Squash in separate dishes. But at parties or while hosting, I would top the Pasta with the Squash in one single serving dish 🙂