Pinapple Coconut Pudding Cake
Every year on Earth Day we make something special. The kid’s favorite is still this cake I made a few years back. I love how it turned out as well!!
This year I wanted to make an eggless Pineapple Cake. But with some experimenting, I added Coconut Cream and it turned into this Pineapple Coconut Pudding Cake 🙂
It tasted so yummy though, my son made it again the next day and this time he allowed us to eat only small bites 🙂
What you’ll need:
- All Purpose Flour – 1 1/4 cups
- Coconut Cream – 1/2 can or 7 oz
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/3 cup or to taste
- Melted Butter – 1/4 cup
- Crushed Pineapple (I pulsed the fruit to small pieces, canned can also be used) – 1 1/2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a Cake Pan or baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the All Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Sugar.
- Add the Crushed Pineapple along with its juice, Melted Butter and Coconut Cream.
- Gently fold the ingredients together, do not overmix.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 40-45 mins. (knife or toothpick should come out clean)
- Take out of oven and let it rest for about 5 mins. Gently flip the pudding cake to a plate and let it cool completely, or it can be left in the dish as well.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional). Enjoy! Tastes best when chilled.