Roasted Tomatoes and Tofu Cheese Pasta
There’s been a viral tiktok video of a pasta dish made with roasted Tomatoes and feta cheese. I very frequently roast vegetables in the oven, one of my favorite ways to cook. So I decided I’ll give this dish a try. Didnt have Feta cheese on hand, and my husband doesnt really like Feta. So I decided to try making this Vegan version of the pasta, made with vegan Tofu Cashew Cheese.
Its a pretty simple recipe and turns out quite tasty. And it is healthy! So another healthy is delish, healthy is easy recipe 🙂
What you’ll need:
- Cherry Tomatoes – 3 cups
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsps
- Firm Tofu – one 16oz box
- Unsalted Cashews – 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
- Nutritional Yeast – 3 tbsps
- Ground Garlic – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Flakes – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Basil (fresh or dried) – 2 tbsps
- Penne Pasta (cooked) – 500gm pack
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- Cook the Pasta following the instructions on the package and drain.
- To a blender, add the Tofu, Cashews, Lemon Juice, Nutritional Yeast, Ground Garlic, and Red Chili Flakes. Blend until smooth.
- Place the Cherry Tomatoes in a wide baking dish, and drizzle with Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper.
- Make a well in the middle and put the blended Tofu Cashew Cheese. Bake for 30 mins.
- Take the Tomatoes and Tofu Cheese out of the oven and mix well together.
- Add the cooked Pasta, and Basil. You can add more Chili flakes (optional) and mix. Enjoy!!