Spinach Dal with Roti and Rice
Had the Carrot and Tofu Roti dough from yesterday. Made an easy Spinach Dal and Steamed Rice, and we had a Dal Roti Chaaval Dinner!
For this quick and easy Spinach Dal, you’ll need:
- Moong Dal – 2 cups
- Fresh Organic Baby Spinach – 4 cups
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Green Chilies – 3 to 4
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Tomato Paste – 2 tbsps
- Simply wash and cook Moong Dal and Fresh Organic Spinach together until the lentils are soft. Add Salt, Turmeric Powder and Olive Oil while cooking.
- Grind Green Chilies, Ginger, Garlic and Tomato Paste and add to the cooked Dal and Spinach.
- Bring to a boil and switch off after a couple of minutes. Enjoy!
- Can add an optional seasoning of Jerra and Asafoetida (Hing).
Made some hot steamed rice and a few Carrot Tofu Rotis and picked a few cherry tomatoes from garden and dinner was set!