Tomato and Bell Pepper Soup
If you’ve read some of my other posts, you probably know that one of my son does not like Bell Peppers. So I get sneaky and hide it in dishes 🙂 I had 4 bell peppers that I had to use up. So for a cold night’s dinner, made this simple Tomato and Bell Pepper Soup along with freshly baked Bread Rolls. He enjoyed it all!!
What you’ll need:
- Bell Peppers (Red or Orange or Yellow), seeds and cut in large cubes – 4
- Diced Tomatoes – 1 can, 14.5 oz
- Red Onion, roughly chopped – 1
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Italian Herbs – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a pot, saute the Onion until translucent. Add the Bell Peppers and Ginger and continue to saute.
- Add the Tomatoes, Herbs, Salt and Pepper. Cook until well done.
- Using an immersion blender (or any blender), puree the soup.
- Add additional water and adjust flavorings as needed, bring to a boil.
Serve hot and Enjoy! We had it with the fresh bread rolls.