Tray Baked Quesadilla
We love Mexican food and this was a super hit!! A tray bake that can be customized depending on your preference and what you have on hand. Makes a delicious Vegan option!
Super Easy, so Tasty, Healthy and Quick, Baked Quesadilla!! With a simple Guacamole! Everyone wanted more 🙂
Good as leftover too!
What you’ll need:
- Flour/Multigrain Tortilla – 10
- Vegetarian Refried Beans – 1 to 2 cans (I used 1 1/2)
- Chopped Red Onion – 1/2
- Chopped Bell Pepper – 1
- Chopped Tomato – 1
- Corn – 1/2 cup
- Taco Seasoning – about 2 tbsps or to taste
- Tapatio Sauce (or other hot sauce) to taste
- Shredded Cheese (optional) – 1/2 cup
- Oil for brushing – 1 tsp
- Avocados – 2
- Juice of Lemon – 1
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Cilantro
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Grease a baking tray with half the Oil and lay out the 8 tortillas.
- Spread the vegetarian refried Beans all over.
- Spread the vegetable toppings – Chopped Onion, Bell Pepper, Tomato and Corn.
- Sprinkle the Taco Seasoning and Tapatio Hot Sauce all over.
- Spread the Shredded Cheese over it. You can use Vegan Cheese or if you prefer, skip cheese completely.
- Fold the Tortilla over and top with 2 more Tortillas.
- Brush lightly with the remaining Oil.
- Use another baking tray of same size and stack on top. Press down.
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins. Remove the top tray and bake for another 5 mins to get a crispy flaky top.
- While the Quesadilla is baking, Mash the 2 Avocados, Lemon Juice and Salt together in a bowl. Mix in the chopped Cilantro to make a simple Guacamole.
- Serve the Quesadilla with Guacamole on the side. Enjoy!!