I make this almost every other week and finally took pictures to write up the recipe. It is real easy to make, very common and kid friendly. One of the times I made it, I happened to add Ajwain and liked it, so now its become part of the ingredients. Ajwain has a lot of health benefits including the aid of digestion.
What you’ll need:
- Olive Oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Ajwain or Carom Seeds – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Green Chilies – 2 to 3 or to taste
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch piece roughly chopped
- Red Onion – 1/2 of a large or 1 small, roughly chopped
- Organic Baby Spinach – 1 box full (16 oz)
- Salt to taste
- Paneer – 7 oz or 1/2 block, cut to pieces
1. In a large pan, add about 3 tbsp of oil. As it warms, add Ajwain seeds, Green chilies, Garlic and Ginger.
2. After sauteing a minute or two, add Onion and saute until translucent.
3. Add Spinach and Salt. Cover and reduce heat to low. Let the spinach cook fully, stir once or twice in between.
4. Pour into a blender and puree.
5. In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and saute the Paneer until golden.
6. Mix into the pureed Paneer. Enjoy!