Mashed Masala Potatoes
This is my take on fusion Mashed Potatoes to add a bit of an Indian flair to it. It turned out quite well, more flavorful!
What you’ll need:
- Potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks – 10 medium sized
- Butter – 2 tbsps
- Whole Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cream Cheese – 1/2 cup
- Dried Onion (you can also use 1/2 fresh onion sauteed) – 1/4 cup
- Curry Powder – 1 tbsp or to taste
- Chili Powder (optional) – 1 tsp or to taste
- Cilantro a small bunch
- Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes in a pot with water until they are just cooked. Dont over cook. Drain.
- In a food processer, add the drained cooked potatoes, and all the remaining ingredients. (Alternatively, you can also use a masher)
- Pulse until the potatoes are mashed and all the ingredients are combined. Dont over mix, it gets mushy.
- Taste and adjust flavors. Enjoy with Gravy!
The leftovers of this can be used in many ways. We made mini masala mashed potato pies which were very tasty with our thanksgiving dinner.
The Paratas turned out so good! And we also used it in burritos/wraps.