Oats and Hemp seed Adai Dosa
A protein packed adai dosa, I make a variation of this easy batter every week. Lasts us for atleast 2-3 meals. And there are many fun stuffing options that are healthy and kid friendly.
What you’ll need:
- Oats – 2 cups
- Channa Dal – 1 cup
- Urad Dal (whole) – 1 cup
- Green Moong Bean – 1 cup
- Hemp Seeds – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1 1/2 inch piece
- Green Chilies – 4 to 5 (or to taste)
- Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak the Channa dal, Urad dal, Moong bean and Oats overnight.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and grind together to make the batter.
3. The batter can be used right away to make dosas, no fermentation needed. I usually make one round of dosas without fermenting and then leave the batter out overnight. Its nicely fermented by next day.
We have a few favorite kid friendly stuffing options –
Peanut Butter (or any nut butter) Dosa
Or enjoy just plain and crispy with or without butter!
And with chocolate milk on the side, yummy!
These were from our breakfast this morning. Will post the other stuffing varieties, such as paneer, sweet potatoes, etc. Stay tuned!