Oh so good.. Lemon Rasam
I like trying out different types of Rasam. And sipping a glass of this Lemon Rasam and eating it with rice is just divine comfort food for this southie! Try it, you’ll know what I mean!
Its perfect when dealing with a cold or fever.
What you’ll need:
- Toor Dal – 2 cups
- Lemon Zest of 1 large lemon (from neighbor’s yard)
- Lemon Juice of 1 large lemon (from neighbor’s yard)
- Ginger finely grated – a big 1 inch piece
- Garlic Sliced – 2 large pods
- Cumin Coarsely Ground – 2 tsp
- Pepper Coarsely Ground – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee for seasoning – 1 to 2 tsp
1. Wash and boil the Toor Dal until mushy.
2. To the boiled dal, add the Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, Grated Ginger (I grate directly into the pot so that I don’t lose any juice), Turmeric powder and Salt. Add enough water and bring to a boil. Switch off after 5 mins.
3. In a small pan, warm up the ghee. Add the Cumin, Pepper and sliced Garlic and saute till the garlic turns golden. Add to the Rasam. Enjoy hot!