This is one of the easiest side dishes to make. It goes well with Roti, Poori, Dosa or with Rice.
What you’ll need:
- Onion chopped finely – 1
- Ginger chopped finely – 1 inch piece
- Green Chilies chopped – 2 to 3 or Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Extra Light Olive Oil – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds (optional) – 1 tsp
- Potatoes chopped into cubes – 4 large
- Tomato finely chopped – 1 (or tomato paste)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garbanzo Beans (optional) – 1 can
- Kasoori Methi – 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, add the Oil. Add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds and Fenugreek Seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add the Onion, Green Chilies and Ginger. Saute until translucent.
- Add the Potatoes, Turmeric Powder, Tomatoes and about a cup of water. Let the potatoes cook until soft.
- Add the Garbanzo Beans and Salt, and adjust water for consistency. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Kasoori Methi leaves, simmer a couple of minutes. Enjoy!!