Stuffed Roasted Acorn Squash (Vegan)
The only vegetable I had left was Acorn Squash and an Onion. So I decided to roast it and make Stuffed Acorn Squash for a filling but healthy dinner. The Tofu is cooked in almost a Mexican style, I added the bag of frozen corn that I had left. And topped off with the the Pomegranate seeds harvested from our tree over the weekend.
It would make a great entree for a vegan/vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner. And kids loved it too 🙂 They wanted extra stuffing!!
What you’ll need:
- Acorn Squash – 2
- Red Onion – 1
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Green Chilies – 2
- Tomato Paste – 1 can
- Cumin Powder – 2 tsps
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Firm Tofu – 2 boxes
- Frozen Corn – 1 bag
- 21 Spice Salute – 2 tsps
- Dried Herbs Blend – 2 tsps
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 deg F.
- Cut the Acorn Squash lengthwise into quarters, brush with Olive Oil, and place cut side down on a baking tray. Place in oven and bake for 45-50 mins.
- In the meantime, puree the Onion, Garlic, Ginger and Green Chilies (all raw).
- In a wide pan, add about 1 tbsp extra light Olive Oil. Add the puree and saute.
- Add the Tomato Paste, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder and continue to saute until the raw smell is gone.
- Crumble the Tofu and mix. Continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the moisture is absorbed.
- Add the Corn, Herbs, Spices, Salt and cook until everything is well combined.
- To plate, Place the roasted Squash cut side up on a plate. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Top it with the stuffing and a few Pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!